Module 1:- Understanding Cloud & OpenStack
- Basics of virtualization
- Relationship : Virtualization & cloud
- Introduction to cloud and cloud models
- Introduction to OpenStack
- OpenStack ecology and OpenStack services
- Preparing your environment for lab sessions.
Module 2:- Keystone (OpenStack authentication system)
- OpenStack Identity
- Identity Management
- Service Catalog
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Keystone Internal Architecture
- Token Validation - API, Setting up Keystone as a part of the Controller node.
Module 3:- Nova (OpenStack Compute Service)
- OpenStack Compute Service Architecture
- Nova internals
- KVM based Architecture
- Images and Nova-Network usage
- Setting up the Nova node.
Module 4: - Cinder (OpenStack Block service)
- A deep dive into OpenStack
- Cinder Internals
- Cinder backends
- Industry implementations
- Installation of Cinder
- Manage\troubleshoot Cinder.
Module 5:- Glance (OpenStack Image Service)
- OpenStack Glance Architecture
- Glance internals
- Image conversions to qcow2
- Installation of Glance
- Best practices on Glance store backend
- Image uploads and downloads
Module 6:- Neutron (OpenStack Neutron Service)
- Deep-dive on the OpenStack Neutron Architecture
- ML3 plugins
- Installation of Neutron
- Network creation
- router creation
- Core Neutron plugins and network configuration
Module 7:- Horizon (OpenStack Dashboard service)
- Introduction to Horizon
- Installation of Horizon
- GUI walkthrough.
Module 8:- Heat (OpenStack Orchestration service)
- Deep-dive on OpenStack Heat Architecture Heat agents
- Write Heat templates
- Installation of Heat service
- Integrate heat templates to automate instance launches.
Module 9:- Ceilometer (OpenStack Billing service)
- A deep-dive into OpenStack Ceilometer
- Data polling
- Retrieval and setting up alarms Installation of Ceilometer
- Integrate Heat + Ceilometer for automation of instance\networks\storage launches
- Create Meters
Module 10:- Trove (OpenStack Database as a service)
- An OpenStack Trove architectural deep-dive Installation of Trove
- Launching database from CLI or the dashboard
Module 11:- Swift (OpenStacks Object Storage)
- Installation of Swift
- Swift rings
- image locations
- Component based uploads
- Account Reaping
- Integrate Swift with Glance to use as an image store.
Module 12:- Installation & troubleshooting
- Environment Setup
- Building a controller node
- Building a network node
- Building a compute node
- Adding additional compute nodes to the existing OpenStack implementation.
Module 13:- OpenStack Operators Guide ( ***Very Important for day-to-day Openstack operations)
- Real-time problem resolutions
- Real-time operations of OpenStack environment
- Bug/Issue trackings
- Troubleshooting scenarios and resolutions.
Module 14:- Central Logging
- Installation of ELK STACK
- Configuration of ELK Stack for OpenStack
- Rotation of logs.