Module 1 - Introduction to the BA Role
- What is a Business Analyst?
- The evolving role of the Business Analyst
- The BA roadmap - different ‘levels’ of business analysis
- The basic rules of Business Analysis
- IT and non-IT change
Module 2 – Project Definition and Scoping
- Aspects of a project
- The importance of understanding and defining objectives and scope and identifying stakeholders
- Projects phases and deliverables
- The role of the BA across the project lifecycle
- Project approaches (and how they affect the BA) – Waterfall, Agile, Iterative, Incremental
Module 3 - Interviewing and Fact Finding
- The user perception of IT and projects.
- How to interview different types of user and how to capture and assimilate information.
- How to use workshops effectively for requirements gathering.
Module 4 - Requirements Definition
- What are requirements, why they need to be defined and different techniques for documenting
- Types of requirement including Business, Functional and Non-Functional
- The importance of defining requirements at a high and low level of detail
- The difference between requirements and solutions
- Where requirements come from and how to identify them
- How to work with business stakeholders to drive out high quality requirements
Module 5 - Process Modelling
- Examines business process modelling and why and when it should be used
- Introduces the industry standard process modelling technique - BPMN
- Diagram levelling (how much detail to show in a diagram)
- Przcess modelling as a requirements definition tool
Module 6 - Data Modelling
- Why and when the BA should do data modelling.
- How to build entity relationship diagrams and define attributes.
Module 7 – Ensuring Requirements Quality
- Development of Use Cases and scenarios
- Requirements quality criteria
Module 8 - Managing Delivery
- Getting to solutions - the role of the BA beyond the requirements definition phase
- Defining detailed requirements – how much detail do you need?
- Identifying business impact
- Supporting business implementation
Module 9 – Requirements Engineering Techniques
- Production of a Requirements Catalogue
- Requirements Databases and CASE tools
- Knowledge Types and Investigative Techniques
- Structured Walkthroughs
- Requirements Management